Product introduction / description:
Perfect for fixing and mounting objects in humid spaces. Reliable and just right for indoor and outdoor applications. You don't need to be an expert or need any special tools or equipment. Anyone can use Pattex No More Nails Exterior and get the job done.
- Instant tack (10sec)
- Water Resistant
- Paintable once dry
- Solvent base
- No solvent flashing required
- Outdoor use
- Dries quicker.
- Metal and Aluminium
- PVC (except PE, PP, PTFE)
Tips and tricks:
The toothpick trick:
To avoid spreading glue around the surface when you glue it, try putting a toothpick into the glue strip and press firmly. The toothpick will keep the height you need and keeps the glue from spreading. Give it a go..
What's the difference?
Porous materials are materials that let liquids and/or gases pass through them – either partially or totally (e.g. wood, fiber glass, cork…).
Non-porous material, on the other hand, doesn’t let any liquids and gases get through (e.g. glass, metals, plastics).
Cleaning with cards
When you've finished gluing, take a playing card, fold it slightly and scrape it along the edges of the glued object and surface to scrape up any leftover glue. It's the best way to get away all of the residues! Quite easy, really.
How much do I need?
To get the perfect bond with the perfect strength, we recommend using between 200 to 400g of Pattex No More Clamping per square meter
If you're using a Pattex No More Nails Cartridge, a good idea is to cut the nozzle with a triangular forcep for a V-shaped edge to the nozzle. It makes it easier to control the flow of glue when you apply it.
- Cartridge 300 ml
Store in a cool, dry and frost free place. Storage period is 18 months in unopened container. Any left-over product will remain usable for up to 6 months after use, providing that the red cap is tightly secured onto the nozzle before storage.
Step by step
1. Before applying the glue, make sure the gluing surface is clean, dry and free from grease and loose material.
2. If you use a No More Nails cartridge, open it with a cutter then fit the nozzle and cut it at the required width needed. Then, place the cartridge in the caulking gun.
3. Depending on the size and shape of the object you want to glue, apply beads or drops to the back of the surface to be mounted. You just need to glue 1 of the 2 surfaces with No More Nails.
4. After mounting the object, if you are not satisfied of the positioning, you have still 10 minutes to make adjustments. And once the position of the object is correct, press firmly to ensure a proper bond.
5. Use a wet sponge to easily wipe away any excess glue.
6. Wait 24 hours (up to 48 hours for heavy objects) so that the bond reaches its final strength (at a temperature between -20°C and +80°C).
7. Not recommended for mounting mirrors or in aquaria. Not suitable for polyethylene and polypropylene.